Visit Freekibble.com!

Visit Freekibble.com!
Help feed shelter dogs!!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cleaning up - what do I do with this stuff?

I slept through the night last night, for the first time in a month. After Watson's diagnosis, the regular vet put him on prednisone so we were heading outside every 2 hours around the clock.... and even when he was being weaned off the pred, I got 4 hours of sleep at a time at most. But I fell asleep thinking of him and woke up thinking about him.

Throughout my house, I see remnants of his sickness everywhere - the puppy training pads upstairs so he could wake up dry, the needles for sub-q fluid and syringes of metaclopromide on my kitchen counter, the bits of food in my refrigerator that was cooked for no one but him. What on earth will I do with the Metamucil and fish oil caplets and milk thistle tablets?

There is so much to do and I don't want to do any of it. We rolled up our good area rugs and put down towels and cheapo rugs when Watson was having explosive diarrhea. Part of me wants to restore our home to normal.... but part of me thinks it's too soon. After a month, I've gotten used to the towels on the floor even though they are not the finest choice of interior decor.

What to do with all this? I'm not sure yet....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't rush - there'll be plenty of time for a tidy house when you're felling more robust....

Take care,

Graham, Prince & Tilly xxx

Lesley Rigby said...

Linda,

I would do one thing each day. Today move the towels and tomorrow another job. It will be so little each day it will happen without you being overcome beyond human endurance. I still have a car harness of Prince's in the cupboard which I know I can't touch for a long,long time. I have a cupboard full of rawhide bones, toys, treats, bowls, etc. etc. which he sat at until he nearly willed them to jump out at him - They will be left for a while yet.
I am unbelievably particular just like you but if you haven't got to see it leave it untouched until the time is right. What is on show - a little each day. The signs of his illness aren't happy reminders and so remove those first. If you have to drag yourself around for a while who could blame you? Do your best you can't do anymore. With Love, Lesley xxxxxxx

The Airechicks said...

Very sorry for you loss...

You should do what you feel like doing.

Flowerpot said...

Yes, take one step at a time.
take care