Visit Freekibble.com!

Visit Freekibble.com!
Help feed shelter dogs!!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Quiet Morning

Finally, a quiet morning... but this morning was almost too quiet. Rich left for the airport at 5am so the solo week begins. I officially had a breakdown at 7am as Watson's butt fountain was back again. I never in my life thought I would get worried/excited/relieved over whether anyone's poo was solid or not. I feel like one of those moms who have to tell someone, ANYONE that little Billy's poopy was nice. But diarrhea is a side-effect of the chemo, so I have to just deal.... anyway, the meltdown happened in the kitchen once I got him all cleaned up. It just hit me that whatever great moments lie ahead are so very temporary.

It doesn't help either that the 'burbs are so damn quiet. It would have been nice to see a neighbor or someone walking by at that moment, just so I would know that I am not alone. However, my neighborhood is more like a McMansion ghost town. Fantastic.

But after his breakfast of steak and eggs (and half an Immodium tablet), Watson seems to have settled in for a nap. Miraculously, Waldo is not being a nutjob this morning so I may actually have a chance to get some work done.

No comments: