Visit Freekibble.com!

Visit Freekibble.com!
Help feed shelter dogs!!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

All is well (for once)

What a great day so far... fingers crossed that it stays that way. Rich made it home in one piece from Logan after a walking safari to find central parking. (Apparently Logan airport needs to work on their signage!) Both Watson and Waldo were glad to see him.

Watson is having to great day today. The GI distress is gone, his energy is up and he's moving around quite well. He's lost some muscle all around, but I notice especially in his hindquarters since it's harder for him to get up the stairs out front. I'm not sure how much I should exercise him. I don't want to tire him out since he is on chemo, but I don't want him to waste away too much. The next appointment is for CBC/bloodwork at the end of the week.


On another note, I was sad today to find out that Prince was put to sleep today. He too was suffering from lymphoma and I began reading his dad's blog when I came across a post in the CanineCancer forum on Yahoo. Another great person the board, Marie-Alice Rousselle in New Orleans, sent me a Word doc of her dog's chemo. She calls it her "chemo diary". I have not read it yet since, frankly, I'm too scared to. Part of me doesn't want to know how bad it can get, yet the other part of me thrives on information. The file is still sitting on my desktop waiting to be opened. I look at the file often, but haven't had to guts to open it.

Tasks on hand this lovely, humid Saturday evening includes mopping the floor (with Rich's help), washing of dog towels, and overall scrubbing/de-germing the house. I am neurotic about smells and I'll be damned if I walk into my own house and smell remnants of poo, waste or anything else unpleasant. (Note to guests: Rich insists that it doesn't smell, and that it's all in my head. My response: "Hey, you missed a spot.")

No comments: