Visit Freekibble.com!

Visit Freekibble.com!
Help feed shelter dogs!!

Monday, July 30, 2007

And to all a good night....

Prepping for bed and reading up on the Yahoo Canine Cancer board.... someone just asked if finding a lump on their cancer dog was something to panic about, and the reply was that panic is the new normal once you get a cancer diagnosis. I wholeheartedly agree.

Usually getting ready for bed is a benign event, but considering Watson's bladder issues from this morning, I am all nerved up for him. He, of course, is laying on the kitchen floor looking up at me and wondering why I am typing on this damn laptop so late at night. He has no clue. I am trying to take a cue from him and just go with the flow, but I still have a long way to go.

In the meantime, I will set my alarm for 6 hours max so that I can wake him for a bathroom break.

I also wanted to take a moment and thank Prince's dad Graham for sending such a nice comment during his time of grief. It makes me sad to have my eyes opened that people all over the world are walking the same path with their cancer dogs. I never knew and wish the universe had never shown me that there is a large community of us who are fighting or who have fought too many forms of canine cancer.

I hope for strength for us all to be a good enough advocate for our loyal canine friends.

No comments: