Visit Freekibble.com!

Visit Freekibble.com!
Help feed shelter dogs!!

Monday, October 8, 2007

8 Hours in NYC

I can tell I am getting old.... I had to take a business trip to NYC on Friday: out the door at 6:30am to catch the train, back home at 10:30pm. It was a long day but I felt pretty good throughout. That is, until I woke up on Saturday feeling like I was hung over and/or hit by a bus. I didn't feel like myself again until several naps later.


Waldo was packed off to daycare on Friday and had a fantastic time. Sometimes I don't know why we bother to feed him quality food since he eats anything he can get his snout on. He came back from daycare covered head to toe in pond mud (his daycare place has a fantastic man-made pond with filtered water). I found mud caked in his ears and his teeth, and Rich said there was mud caked up, in and on his nose (among other places) when he picked him up.

Yesterday we went for our first off-lead walk in quite some time. Here's a photo of Waldo (the small speck in back) near an old well near the trail. It is usually full, but the summer has been so dry here that the well was empty.


He did well on the walk and his recall has improved since the spring. I stopped taking him off-lead when the warm weather hit since our favorite trail is also shared with horses. Horses + warm weather = more riders and more horse poo (Waldo's favorite yummy treat) Thankfully he seems to have broken the habit of eating as much horse poo as possible before I yell at him to stop. Yesterday, he merely wanted to stand in it at every opportunity. =) Ahhhh, kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, what a star he is! The walk looks lovely - I just wish Waldo had been a bit bigger, I had to squint to see him!