Visit Freekibble.com!

Visit Freekibble.com!
Help feed shelter dogs!!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

PetScreen outreach

So as I wrote in a previous post, I recently learned of a company called Petscreen that offers blood test to detect canine lymphoma. After signing up for their mailing list, here is the email that was sent to me:

Dear Linda

I hope this email finds you and your pets in good health. Thank you for your recent registration with Petscreen. I have now sent details of our services to your vet and if you wish to have your dog screened for lymphoma then please feel free to make an appointment from next week and take them along to the vet. If you have any questions, or would like further information, then please feel free to contact me on the number listed below, alternatively you can email me at this address.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind regards
Renu

----------------------

Renu Tuli

Operations Manager

I think it is interesting that their outreach strategy is to send information to people's vets one at a time. Considering the thousands of vets in the US, that could take a long while before any and all vets know about it. I also wonder about the cost of the test. As we all know, canine diagnostics can get very expensive for even in-house procedures.

2 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Seems kind of bizarre marketing, for a medical procedure. If that was the e-mail in its entirety, it also seemed short to me. I feel like, even if you already had information about the procedure, they should/could have typed up some informational stuff in the beginning of the e-mail before telling you how you can get the test next week and giving the contact info in case you come up with questions...Just my opinion.

I hope that this is something that becomes useful to pet owners, regardless of their marketing! :)

Melisa
Remembering Ruby
and
Suburban Scrawl

Linda Seid Frembes said...

Melisa,
Yep, that is the entire email, minus his phone number and mailing address at the bottom of it.

I agree on the marketing... but maybe they are also sending me some info in the mail? Not sure. I am still intrigued by the promise of testing though. Undecided as to whether I will try it with Waldo.